Sunday 30 June 2013

(Pre)Birthday Party

I am writing this on the morning of Violet's birthday, the day before her actual birthday. 
Tomorrow, my little baby turns one year old. I can't help but feel nostalgic and a little sad. How did one year pass so quickly? Yet also, it feels like a lifetime ago that she arrived in our world and became a part of our family! 
Today we are having a party for her. Our friends and (some of) our family are coming to celebrate with us. 
I have been planning it for a while now. There is a purple and yellow colour theme with the occassional rabbit thrown in for good measure.
We have balloons, streamers, lots of toys for the kids (there are 13 coming!) a bbq, a gazebo, blankets for picnics, a tiny house (courtesy of Ant's parents!) a sand & water table, a birthday flag (yes, really), bunny bunting and a homemade birthday cake crafted by my own fair hands.
My first guests are arriving now so I will sign off for now and report back afterwards...!

Well here I am, sitting down after a hectic yet awesome day. Violet is having her last bedtime bottle as an "11 month old" and I am feeling pretty strange! 
Today was brilliant. The kids had fun, a big old mess was made, we ate a lot of food (huge thanks to our brilliant Mum & Dad Slattery for the organising and cooking of the entire barbecue, a massive help to us, we can't thank you enough), we had no tantrums, the sun was shining, everything was just fantastic. 
Violet has a very generous stack of presents to open in the morning, something I am most excited about, as, lets face it, me or Ant will be opening most of them!
Huge thank you to all who came and thank you for your generous gifts. We hope you had a lovely time, we feel very lucky to have such wonderful friends and family to share memories like this with. 

Bye for now my pretties...

1 comment:

  1. It was a lovely day! George was so excited to attend his very first birthday party and we read the before bed tonight! It was a big hit! Thank you for inviting us, and it was lovely to see Violet. She's such a beautiful happy little girl. Xxx

    ReplyDelete